What is the Top Local Agency (TLA) Marketplace?
In the digital marketing industry, it can be difficult to identify agencies and service providers that provide high quality work at a fair price. At UpCity, we’ve worked hard to build a methodology and criteria for our Top Local Agency platform to give business owners the tools and intelligence to research great providers in their local area, and to make it easy for those business owners to procure the services they need quickly.
The UpCity Top Local Agency marketplace is a free resource for both agencies looking to boost visibility, and business owners looking for high-quality digital marketing services.
For agencies looking to further boost their list placement and generate more qualified leads, UpCity offers a certification program to verify your agency’s listing and information, which affords you preferred placement on our TLA lists, and a robust sales tools package to generate and cultivate high-quality leads.
How do I use the Top Local Agency (TLA) Marketplace?
Step 1: Find the Right List
Begin your search by visiting our main lists page and selecting the city and specialty of your choice. At the moment, we offer lists for over 75 different cities, almost 10 different specialties like SEO, PPC, & web design, and even national lists as well!
Step 2: Find the Right Agency
Once you've found the list you're looking for, feel free to scroll through our listed agencies to find one that suits your liking. Our UpCity Certified Agency Partners will show up towards the top. These are agencies that we work with and trust to provide great service, so you can feel comfortable working with them.
Step 3: Reach Out!
Found an agency that you think would be a perfect fit for your project? Click the Request Info button and fill out the form to send your contact information directly to the agency. They'll get your message immediately and reach out to you as soon as they can.
Is using the Top Local Agency (TLA) Marketplace really so simple?
Absolutely! In just three simple steps, we can help you find the perfect agency for your business.
What is the ranking methodology behind Top Local Agency?
Our ranking methodology is described in full on our website. At the bare minimum, an agency must meet the following criteria in order to be listed:
- Location Proximity - Because our lists are designed to help small & medium sized local businesses, we require any agency listed in our directory to be located within 30 miles of a given city to qualify for placement on a list for that city (for local or geographic-based lists).
- Core Offering/Targeting - At least 50% of an agency’s business must be comprised of small & medium sized businesses to be considered for our Top Local Agency directory.
From there, our complex proprietary ranking algorithm takes into account a plethora of other factors to decide which agencies deserve those top spots.
We continually assess feedback from customers and clients to ensure high-quality agencies are given priority in our marketplace.
- Project Timeliness - Was the work completed in a timely manner?
- Pricing - Was the price charged an accurate representation of the services provided?
- Communication - Was the agency open and transparent with communication? Did they provide regular updates?
- Recommendation - Would you recommend the agency to your colleagues or peers?
Top Local Agency Profile Completion
To ensure that the marketplace contains high-quality, informative listings, we require agencies to maintain a minimum standard for their profiles:
- Directory Profile Completion - In order to connect businesses with the best possible service providers, we have designed our TLA directory profiles to include at-a-glance information that helps business owners quickly determine if a service provider is a good fit for their project. Because of this, we heavily weight profile completion when assigning list placement to ensure that agencies at the top will always have the most complete and up-to-date profile information visible.
- Profile Information Accuracy - We also check to ensure that the information agencies present in their directory profiles is an accurate representation of their service offerings & capabilities, giving businesses peace of mind when shopping for digital marketing services.
Agency Authority & Market Presence
We take a number of external market factors into account when considering agencies for inclusion:
- Online Market Presence - We assess many factors of an agency’s online presence, including organic search visibility and paid advertising utilization.
- Website Representation - Because an agency’s website is the “face” of their business online, we strongly consider the site and its content when assessing agencies for ranking placement. Some of the most important factors we consider:
- Presence of Services-Related Copy - Does the site accurately and comprehensively explain the services offered by the agency?
- Quality of Content - Is the website content concise and accurate to the agency’s offerings and abilities?
- Authority & Trust Symbols - Has the agency been recognized for their work or reputation? Do they prominently display these accolades on their site?
- Reputation & Social Presence - Does the agency have a positive reputation online and in reviews? Does the agency actively represent themselves on social media?
- Site Design & Performance - Does the agency website comply with current best practices? Is the site responsive or mobile friendly? Does the site load quickly and without error?
Agencies who work directly with UpCity or have joined our certification & partner program receive priority in list ranking.
- Certified Agencies - Agencies who work closely with UpCity, utilize UpCity's marketing software and/or services, and can demonstrate a minimum standard of quality are eligible for our certified partner agency program. This provides additional trust symbols & badging, as well as preference in list placement.
Where do I find the UpCity Certified Partner badges?
To help you spread the word about being included as a Top Local Agency in our marketplace, our team has created a set of promotional materials for use in any way you see fit. We've included badges, logos, social media templates, and more to help you get the word out about your accomplishments. All this and an ever-expanding list of other goodies can be found at our Badging Center.